Sunday, September 25, 2011

Not dead.

Half a year has gone by sinc the last time I blogged. Feels like more, the time flew by so quickly. It's probably not productive to give you ALL of the details, so I'll just tell you where I am now.

I don't work at Subway. I dislocated my shoulder in the middle of the night reaching for a tissue to blow my nose. I went to have it looked at and turns out I have Hypermobility Syndrome. All those years people raved about how "limber" I am. I'm finding out it wasn't a blessing. The ortho even said that he could dislocate my kneecaps with his bare hands (and without trying too hard). He also said I have chondromalaecia patella (or something like that). Anyway, long story short: Working at Subway was pretty dangerous. I had to spend hours by myself doing pretty hard physical stuff (reaching over my head). If I'd have dislocated my shoulder mid-reach, I'd have been stuck there.

For the same reason, I had to stop teaching Zumba. :-(

PTA did well this year. We had some pretty neat programs and were able to fulfill the goals I set out to do--bringing the parents and teachers closer, making the teachers feel appreciated and giving back to the kids while keeping things local and interactive. Over the summer, we decided that changing to a PTO would suit our needs better, so we changed to the Rustburg Elementary School Parent-Teacher Partnership. We took all the money we had left and bought playground equipment for the kids (as well as sports equipment for the upper grades). We also bought the school a sno-cone machine (because we use it a lot during fundraisers). In the end, I had to step down as president because Lolo didn't get into Pre-K and I just couldn't see me dragging Lolo to daytime meetings, planning everything around her naps and needs, etc. It's okay, though because my VP, Carmen, was really the executor most of the year anyway. I mean, I had the ideas, we all four fleshed them out, but when it came time to put the events on, Carmen was the best at keeping her cool and making things happen. She's going to kick ass as prez.

LynchburgMommies.com took some work but I have to say that I think it's a success. Up until Feb or March, I was doing almost everything all by myself. But over the past few months, I was able to "hire" a staff of volunteers. Now the site has over 200 members (I think that's not too shabby for a year) and the events are pretty successful. However, because I'm fairly burnt out and because when I asked for an assistant they said no, I am stepping down as Chapter Manager. It's for the best. Getting some new blood in there will help the site grow and change and come closer to what it should be. I feel like I've done my part. All I wanted was for there to be a site here and now there is. Sure, I had to FOUND it for that to happen, but now that that's done, I feel like I can kick back and be just a member. I need a break.

I was taking a baking class at the community college here, but it ended up being a dud. I'm not going to go into detail, but let's just say that I stuck it out for six weeks and still didn't LEARN anything (probably from there being an immense lack of instruction). I do, however, REALLY like the textbook, so I think I'm just going to keep reading it and see if I can get an apprenticeship with this kick ass bakery downtown next year after Lolo goes to Kindergarten.

Sam and I are still in counseling. I don't really want to talk about that, though.

I am in counseling on my own and my doc is really good and it is very helpful. However, I'm going through some kind of physical thing that seems to be causing a chemical imbalance of some kind. I'm plagued with bouts of seriously debilitating depression (and it seems to be linked to my uterus because most of the time, my depressive episodes come right after some pretty painful cramps.

We got some chickens (don't know if I mentioned that last time). We got them as chicks and now they're laying eggs. That's cool.

The garden did okay this year. We had a crazy tomato crop, but sadly weren't able to store as much chili as I would have liked (we usually ended up eating it after making it), nor were we able to make any salsa. Next year, maybe. We do have a few months' worth of pesto in the freezer. We didn't get as much squash as I'd like. But we did just eat a TON of roasted potatoes and I made my very first pot roast yesterday (I shared a half of a cow with two other people... LOCAL beef!!!) and put our home grown red and orange carrots and our homegrown onions into it. It was cool to eat something that was almost entirely local/homegrown. The main reason I moved here.

So, there you go. In just a few paragraphs. Pictures are worth a bunch of words, right? Here's a stream of pics of the past half a year.....


Thanksgiving 2010:

Bread I made to make stuffing...
Photobucket


Cut into pieces ready to make stuffing...
Photobucket


My little helper....
Photobucket


Butternut pesto gratin strata thingy that I make every year...
Photobucket


Upside down picture of my famous soup-less green bean casserole...
Photobucket


Mashed Taters....
Photobucket


Homemade cranberry sauce...
Photobucket


Turkey...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Decoration...
Photobucket


Fam around the table...
Photobucket

Photobucket


Apple pie...
Photobucket


Punkin pie...
Photobucket


Hay ride, sans hay...
Photobucket



Ryan's Birthday Turkey Pot Pie (Ryan's bday is just after Thanksgiving)...
Photobucket



Ryan's Birthday Pumpkin Pie...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket






Decorating for Christmas 2010:

Trees...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Homestead Snowyness!!!!
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




Christmas at Grandma Dana's (in Arkansas):

Iron man...
Photobucket


Presents...
Photobucket


Elf Food...
Photobucket


Elf Food all over the counter... Messy Elves...
Photobucket


Note from Santa Clause...
Photobucket


Cozy presents...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Cousin Morgan's Choo-choo Birthday Cake...
Photobucket



Building a Gingerbread House...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket






Spring!!!!

Visit to Lynchburg Grows...
Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




Strawberry Festival:

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Post-picking picnic!
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket



Local yumminess...
Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Post-picnic playing...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Harvest ready to be made into jam....
Photobucket




Air Show we caught on the ride home.... These guys got in trouble for flying so low.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Easter at school:

Lily's class...
Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Ryan's class....
Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




Easter at home:

Decorating eggs...
Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Bunny loot...

Photobucket


The Hunt....

Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket




Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

Field Day:

Photobucket


Ryan...

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket






Lily...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Outstanding Student Night at the Hillcats' Stadium:
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




End of the school year Awards Ceremony:

Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





Summer Water Play:
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket







July 4th with Peequaw:

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




Lily's first day of Kindergarten...
Photobucket




Ryan's Karate Evolution:

White Belt...
Photobucket


Photobucket



White and black belt...
Photobucket

Photobucket


Yellow Belt...
Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Black and Yellow...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




Camping at the beach on Labor Day:

Campsite...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Sandbridge Beach...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





Random Cuteness:

Lolo practicing letters...
Photobucket


Chillin' on the couch...
Photobucket


Dance class...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Sister times....
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Crazy Hair Day at school....
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Ryan's space ship controls...
Photobucket




Pirate vs. Knight...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


And no fairy tale is complete without a dragon....
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Sleepy Baby...
Photobucket




Solomon Tissot... a.k.a. Mr. Fuzzy Pants... the day we brought him home.....

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



And NOW...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Farmer Lolo...
Photobucket




Making Ice Cream...
Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket





Ryan and his homemade instrument...
Photobucket



Photobucket



Snugging with napping Peequaw...
Photobucket



Ballet on the deck...(A thank you to Shannen, Morgan and Summer for bday presents!!!)
Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket




Gaming on the deck...
Photobucket




Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket





Fairy princessing is hard work!
Photobucket



Photobucket




At the track...
Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket




Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket



Photobucket




Basement Guest Room Evolution:

Framing...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Pantry framing...
Photobucket



Insulation...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Pantry Insulation...
Photobucket



Sheetrock...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Pantry sheetrock...
Photobucket




Stipped ceiling...
Photobucket


Photobucket



Putting in the laminate...
Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket



Doors...Bedroom and closet....
Photobucket


Photobucket





Farm stuff:

Getting garden ready...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Local eggs (not ours... yet)...
Photobucket


Late winter yard...
Photobucket


Photobucket




Chickens!!!!

Chicks...
Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Pre-teen...
Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Teens...
Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket




All grown up....
Photobucket






Chicken Tractor Evolution:

Wagon...
Photobucket


Frame...
Photobucket



Photobucket




Photobucket


Floor...
Photobucket



More Framing...
Photobucket



Photobucket




Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket




Oriole? Scarlet tanenger? What the heck bird is this?
Photobucket



Photobucket




Photobucket



Crow in flight...
Photobucket




Moon moth...
Photobucket



Photobucket




Flowers....
Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Butterfly...
Photobucket





Spiders:

Black Widow...
Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket



Wolf spider...
Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket




On the farm.... in our skivvies...
Photobucket


Photobucket




MATERS!!!! (from our garden)
Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket




Red carrot (and taters)...
Photobucket



Eggs from our chickens!!!...
Photobucket



Omelette from our first eggs...
Photobucket




GARDEN!!!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment